2 Derry Hill is located in the charming suburb of Churton Park in Wellington – New Zealand’s capital city. Wellington is New Zealand’s hub of cultural, theatre, and movie-making activity. Although within minutes of Wellington’s CBD, our neighbourhood is very quiet with semi-rural views. You can sometimes hear the sheep and cows in the distance, as they graze on the nearby hills.
The houses in this area are relatively new and the local Churton Park Village was built in 2012. Churton Park Village is less than 5 minutes walk away (or under a minute if driving!). The Village includes a supermarket, ATM machine, post office facilities, pharmacy, cafe, gift shop, beauty clinic, hairdresser, medical centre, and fast food outlets.
There is a regular bus service from Churton Park into Wellington City. The bus stop is just around the corner. This is handy if you don’t want the hassle of finding a car park in the city. We have provided links to some of the Churton Park Village businesses as well as the local bus timetable on the Links & Tips page.
- Very easy to find, in an upmarket, quiet neighbourhood.
- Around the corner from a local bus stop, for ready access to central Wellington. Buses depart every 20 minutes during the week.
- A couple of minutes walk away (or less than a minute’s drive) to Churton Park Village containing a café, pharmacy, fish and chip shop, Indian takeaways, gift shop, supermarket etc..
- Two minutes drive from the north-south State Highway 1 Churton Park exit.
- Less than 5 minutes drive to train stations that go north to the Kapiti Coast and south into the city.
- A 10-15 minute drive (depending on time of day and traffic) to the ferry terminal and CBD.
- Approximately 25 minutes drive from Wellington airport.